Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Would you like to buy some shells?"

When my cousin Alicia and I were young we had great ambition to make money. We didn't set up your typical lemonade stand, no we sold shells. My great grandmothers house was right on the shore of Point Judith in Rhode Island, we spent long hours with our grand-parents collecting shells. Naturally we would them pain them and try and sell them. If you have ever seen my hand writing an automatic assumption can be made that me and painting is out of the questions. So my very artistic cousin would paint the shells, and I would hike up the price (I mean really like $5 for a shell?) and then would stand in the middle of the road to make all cars stop and buy our freshly painted shells. Our top buyer was the mail lady.
Later in grade school (or was is middle?) some friends and I saw an empty food kiosk in the old New London mall (that no longer exists) and we had the grand scheme to open up a "snack shack". (By the way I am pretty sure I was the one who thought up all these business schemes) I had a toy McDonalds set that would make the apple pies and such, we decided that people would love to buy it and we also planned to sell ice cream (it must of been grade school because I am having a hard time remembering). I believe it was my now facebook friend Gloria’s mom who crushed our dreams when she told her that one had to be 18 to legally open a business.
I think that I have always wanted to be a business owner. I have always wanted to present people with things that I have created. My dream jobs at the moment is to open a bridal salon, and or a baby boutique that sells cloth diapers.
However I am a busy stay at home mom, my husband is working on his degree and this really is not the right time in our life to physically open a business. So this led me to open an online etsy store.
This is me standing in the road.I make pretty fab looking burpies, and am working on some other projects (like flower head bands/clips, changing pads, taggies, wet bags, and maybe even diaper covers.) So check out my etsy store! (Ok so I only have one thing listed but I am working on two custom orders right now so that has to count for something... right?)
So here is the shop.
And the facebook page is the same as the blog "motherinheels", make sure you like them both!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Gwyneddlesligrace?ref=seller_info

No comments:

Post a Comment