Wednesday, July 20, 2011

That awkward opening post...

It's the first post for this blog, you know kind of like the first time you meet some. You sit there thinking of all the things you could say (or maybe you are drawing a blank) and really you just want to get to know them (or get out as fast as you can!)
I don't want this to be the kind of blog that you really don't want to read, I want it to be interesting, informative and humorous. So bear with me as I work the kinks out, I promise it will get better!

 So here's some facts about me, ok I am having a hard time here and automatically want to talk about my husband and kids.. Anyway, I am 23 years old and yes I do realize I was a "child" bride by getting hitched at 20. I probably also just missed the cut off for being on 16 and pregnant since I was 21 when A was born (I'll get to her in a minute).
Childhood
I spent my childhood in New London, CT where I attended quite a few schools (just couldn't find the right fit), and was lovingly harassed by my older brother for years. My father was the pastor of a small church plant until I was 10, while my mom after staying home with me until I went to school worked her way up in the banking industry. I guess I should probably note that my sister was born also when I was 10. At 12ish my father became the pastor of another church on the CT/RI boarder, we moved to RI when I was 14 I spent the rest of my teenage years there. After graduating high school I took a year off then attended Zion Bible college.
In comes Prince Charming
Jason came into my life like a tsunami, I literally did not know what hit me when we first started dating. He was so unlike any frog that I had ever dated before, he even now makes me feel that "princess feeling." We dated for a little over a year when he proposed to me, it was in a beautiful spot that overlooks the city of Johnstown, PA (where my parents now live), two months later we were married in a beautiful January wedding.
"Oh Baby"
After our blissful wedding reality took over and we moved up to Claremont, NH where Jason is from. On April 20,2008 I peed on a stick, I sat and stared at it and thought I was going crazy when two pink lines came up. I'm pretty sure my first thought was "oh if this is a girl I am in huge trouble." Addalyn Grace graced us with her presence (almost TWO weeks late) on January 5,2009.
Making a home
Fast forward and we have moved three times within the city of Claremont, and are now settled into a quaint yellow cape with a beautiful yard (minus of course the golf balls flying in from the country club in the back of our yard). June 16 of this year Lilah Joy couldn't wait to meet us and came two weeks early. We are just getting to know each other, and with every day I fall more in love.

Of course a lot of other things have happened in my life, but this is already getting long, so here are some other facts about me- I love shoes. Any kind of shoe really, but heels have a special place in my heart. I love cheese and like to add it to anything I can. My favorite color is pink. I try to eat and feed my family as clean and organic as my budget will allow. I love this amazing guy named Jesus you should meet him. All I have ever wanted to do is be a wife and mom, and it is so much more than I could ever imagine. I was raised in a home passionate about music, my husband and I are now raising our daughters the same. Also I love to sew and hope to open an etsy store VERY soon.

So here are some subjects I will be talking about in this blog-
-Being a stay at home mom
-Cloth diapers (I am obsessed)
-Clean eating/cooking
-Becoming a healthier person all around, which includes getting back to my pre Addalyn weight
-Marriage and my hott husband
-A love that captured my heart and made me whole
-Attachment parenting (something I am exploring)
-Parenting in general
-My kids because I am obsessed with them
-Sewing/my etsy store
-Music
-Local restaurants/places
-Shopping/money/coupons/saving money (Dave Ramsey style)

Well at this point I am pretty sure you are drowning in boredom. Let's hope I'll improve in time.
Don't forget to wear your heels,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment